Best paper proceedings of the Academy of Management
- Andric, M., Hatak, I., Hsueh, J. & Zwellweger, T.M. (2022). Socio-Historical Shifts in Life Stage at Entrepreneurial Entry and Their Performance Implications.
- Fauchart, E., Sieger, P., Scheef, C. & Zellweger, T.M. (2022). Make It Or Break It? Founder Social Identity, EO, And New Ventures' Financial Performance.
HSG Impact Award 2021:
Awarded to the research project "Staying on Top of the Crisis: Tracking the Economic and Social Impacts of SARS CoV 2 and Future Disasters to Improve Global Disaster Management and Response Efforts" by Prof. Dr. Charlotta Sirén, Research Associate Michael Hudecheck, Prof. Ph.D. Joakim Vincent und Prof. Dr. Dietmar Grichnik.
EQUA Best Conference Paper Award:
Awarded to Prof. Christine Scheef and Prof. Thomas Zellweger for their paper "Overlooked and undervalued: Predecessor CEOs as board chairs in family and nonfamily firms" at the 6th International Research Forum on Mittelstand – Exploring entrepreneurial ventures, family firms and hidden champions
HSG Impact Award 2020:
Awarded to the research project “Business Model Innovation for the Circular Economy” by Prof. Dr. Karolin Frankenberger, Fabian Takacs and Prof. Dr. Oliver Gassmann
Best paper proceedings of the 80th annual meeting of the Academy of Management (2020):
- Andric, M., Bird, M., Hellerstedt, K. & Zellweger, T.M. (2020). CEO divorce and firm performance - The role of CEO's family situation.
- Bird, M., Andric, M., & Hellerstedt, K. (2020). The influence of entrepreneurial teams’ structural power inequality on firm performance.
Top 20 Downloaded Article 2017/2018 in Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal:
Palmié, M., Huerzeler, P., Grichnik, D., Keupp, M.M. & Gassmann, O. (2019). Some principles are more equal than others: Promotion‐versus prevention‐focused effectuation principles and their disparate relationships with entrepreneurial orientation. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 13(1), 93-117.
Journal of Business Venturing’s best reviewer of 2018 award:
Prof. Joakim Wincent
Best paper proceedings of the 79th annual meeting of the Academy of Management:
- Boemelburg, R., Jansen, J.J.P., Palmié, M., & Gassmann, O. (2019). Opening up the black box: A contingent dual-process model of ambidexterity emergence.
- Hess, M., Sirén, C., Wincent, J. & Grichnik, D. (2019). Venture Capital and the Effects of Gender Diversity in New Venture Board Interlocks.
- Lohwasser, T., Wagner, D., Van Essen, M., Lander, M., Marano, V. (2019). Do institutions matter for the relationship between diversification and performance? A meta-analysis. (Finalist for Georgetown Best Paper in International Business and Policy)
- Marano, V., Sauerwald, S., & Van Essen, M. (2019). The impact of women directors on corporate social performance: An informal institutions perspective. (Finalist for Best Paper in Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability)
- Scheef, C. & Zellweger, T. (2019). Predecessor CEO retention as board chair in family and nonfamily firms.
Nomination for the Best SMS Conference Paper Prize:
Heugens, P., Lander, M., Van Essen, M., & Werner, T.
(2019). Organizational Survival via Dynamic Nonmarket Strategy: Social
Movement Contention & Counter mobilization by Scotch Whisky
Best Management Book of the Year Award (2018) by the European Academy of Management (EURAM):
Awarded for the book "Managing the Family Business: Theory and Practice" by Prof. Thomas Zellweger
Entrepreneurship Practice and Theory's (ETP) top 10 downloaded articles of 2018:
Prof. Charlotta Sirén and co-authors: "Keep Calm and Carry On: Emotion Regulation in Entrepreneurs’ Learning from Failure"
Appointment to the International Advisory Board of the California Management Review:
Prof. Oliver Gassmann
Best Paper Proceedings of the 2018 Meeting of the Academy of Management:
- Burkhard, B., Sirén, C., van Essen, M., & Grichnik, D. (2018). A meta-analytic approach to understanding the effects of CEO overconfidence on firm performance.
Flankova, S., Tashman, P., van Essen, M., & Marano, V. (2018). A meta-analysis of the effectiveness of voluntary environmental programs.
IFERA most cited family business appers:
Prof. Marc van Essen and Prof. Thomas Zellweger (2018):IFERA has ranked several papers co-authored by Marc van Essen and Thomas Zellweger among the most cited family business papers published in the last three years and consideres them as possessing the potential to shape the future of family business research.
Appointment to the Board of Review of Journal of Business Venturing:
Prof. Dietmar Grichnik, 2017
Appointment to the Editorial Team of Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice:
Prof. Thomas Zellweger, 2017